3. (�)Calcium dysregulation in atrial fibrillation: the role of CaMKII - Heijman, Jordi; Voigt, Niels; Wehrens, XanderH. T.; Dobrev, Dobromir
make it more difficult to treat. Recent research has suggested an important role for Ca2+-dysregulation ... arrhythmogenic mechanisms contributing to the initiation and maintenance of AF. In addition, AF is self
7. (�)Animal models of arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy - McCauley, Mark D.; Wehrens, XanderH. T.
Arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies are a heterogeneous group of pathological conditions that give rise to myocardial dysfunction with an increased risk for atrial or ventricular arrhythmias. Inherited
8. (�)Exercise training during diabetes attenuates cardiac ryanodine receptor dysregulation - Shao, Chun-Hong; Wehrens, XanderH. T.; Wyatt, Todd A.; Parbhu, Sheeva; Rozanski, George J.; Patel, Kaushik P.; Bidasee, Keshore R.
The present study was undertaken to assess the effects of exercise training (ExT) initiated after ... response to Ca2+ was altered. RyR2 also exhibited 1.8- and 1.5-fold increases in phosphorylation at
9. (�)Molecular evolution of the junctophilin gene family - Garbino, Alejandro; van Oort, Ralph J.; Dixit, Sayali S.; Landstrom, Andrew P.; Ackerman, Michael J.; Wehrens, XanderH. T.
channels and intracellular calcium release channels. To determine the molecular evolution of the JPH
10. (�)Calmodulin kinase II is required for fight or flight sinoatrial node physiology - Wu, Yuejin; Gao, Zhan; Chen, Biyi; Koval, Olha M.; Singh, Madhu V.; Guan, Xiaoqun; Hund, Thomas J.; Kutschke, William; Sarma, Satyam; Grumbach, Isabella M.; Wehrens, XanderH. T.; Mohler, Peter J.; Song, Long-Sheng; Anderson, Mark E.
membrane diastolic depolarization rate (DDR), leading to faster SAN action potential generation. Surprisingly, HCN4 knockout mice were recently shown to retain physiological HR increases with