Otros recursos con las palabras clave Geomicrobiology
|Resultados 1 - 10 de 378 de Geomicrobiology. (0 segundos)
Potential Role of Nitrite for Abiotic Fe(II) Oxidation and Cell Encrustation during Nitrate Reduction by Denitrifying Bacteria
- Klueglein, Nicole; Zeitvogel, Fabian; Stierhof, York-Dieter; Floetenmeyer, Matthias; Konhauser, Kurt O.; Kappler, Andreas; Obst, Martin
Microorganisms have been observed to oxidize Fe(II) at neutral pH under anoxic and microoxic conditi ...
Polysulfides as Intermediates in the Oxidation of Sulfide to Sulfate by Beggiatoa spp.
- Berg, Jasmine S.; Schwedt, Anne; Kreutzmann, Anne-Christin; Kuypers, Marcel M. M.; Milucka, Jana
Zero-valent sulfur is a key intermediate in the microbial oxidation of sulfide to sulfate. Many sulf ...
Depth-Related Changes in Community Structure of Culturable Mineral Weathering Bacteria and in Weathering Patterns Caused by Them along Two Contrasting Soil Profiles
- Huang, Jing; Sheng, Xia-Fang; Xi, Jun; He, Lin-Yan; Huang, Zhi; Wang, Qi; Zhang, Zhen-Dong
Bacteria play important roles in mineral weathering and soil formation. However, few reports of mine ...
Community Dynamics and Activity of Ammonia-Oxidizing Prokaryotes in Intertidal Sediments of the Yangtze Estuary
- Zheng, Yanling; Hou, Lijun; Newell, Silvia; Liu, Min; Zhou, Junliang; Zhao, Hui; You, Lili; Cheng, Xunliang
Diversity, abundance, and activity of ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB) and ammonia-oxidizing archaea ...
U(VI) Reduction by Diverse Outer Surface c-Type Cytochromes of Geobacter sulfurreducens
- Orellana, Roberto; Leavitt, Janet J.; Comolli, Luis R.; Csencsits, Roseann; Janot, Noemie; Flanagan, Kelly A.; Gray, Arianna S.; Leang, Ching; Izallalen, Mounir; Mester, Tünde; Lovley, Derek R.
Early studies with Geobacter sulfurreducens suggested that outer-surface c-type cytochromes might pl ...
Release of Arsenic from Soil by a Novel Dissimilatory Arsenate-Reducing Bacterium, Anaeromyxobacter sp. Strain PSR-1
- Kudo, Keitaro; Yamaguchi, Noriko; Makino, Tomoyuki; Ohtsuka, Toshihiko; Kimura, Kenta; Dong, Dian Tao; Amachi, Seigo
A novel arsenate-reducing bacterium, designated strain PSR-1, was isolated from arsenic-contaminated ...
Extracellular Electron Transfer to Fe(III) Oxides by the Hyperthermophilic Archaeon Geoglobus ahangari via a Direct Contact Mechanism
- Manzella, Michael P.; Reguera, Gemma; Kashefi, Kazem
The microbial reduction of Fe(III) plays an important role in the geochemistry of hydrothermal syste ...
Study of Interactions Between Microbes and Minerals by Scanning Transmission X-Ray Microscopy (STXM)
- K. Benzerara; T. Tyliszczak; G. E. Brown
Abstract. Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscopy (STXM) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) w ...
(application/pdf) - 29-ene-2014
U(VI) Reduction in Sulfate-Reducing Subsurface Sediments Amended with Ethanol or Acetate
- Converse, Brandon J.; Wu, Tao; Findlay, Robert H.; Roden, Eric E.
An experiment was conducted with subsurface sediments from Oak Ridge National Laboratory to determin ...
Bacterial Communities Associated with Subsurface Geochemical Processes in Continental Serpentinite Springs
- Brazelton, William J.; Morrill, Penny L.; Szponar, Natalie; Schrenk, Matthew O.
Reactions associated with the geochemical process of serpentinization can generate copious quantitie ...
Página de resultados: